Big, sort of surprising news! We’re pregnant! 10 weeks, to be exact.
Due date: January 14, 2016. We hope she hangs in there an extra day so she’s born on Nathan’s birthday.*
It’s a little early to announce, but we have our reasons:
- I’m terrible at keeping secrets
- Anyone who knows me will quickly spot my lack of caffeine, alcohol, and soft cheeses and immediately know something is up
- If something goes wrong, I’d rather have the support of my family and online community than to be secretly sad
- My family has been pressuring us for years now, and it’s too hard to not tell them they can let up on the innuendo and the suggestions and the death threats and start buying us presents already**
Those of you who got in on the secret early and kept it so well (my mom and Jamie), THANK YOU. We are humbled and amazed by your discretion. We know it wasn’t easy.
Diaper practice starts now:
Good thing we have lots of time to keep practicing. #poortigger
* No, we don’t actually know the sex yet.